Saturday, April 13, 2013

My First Performance

Whoaa. 

It's been a while since I write a post in here. Anyway, this is just a quickie about a dinner that I joined last month. 


*
On 7th March, one person has approached and asked me whether I wanted to perform or not on 31st of March aka Hornbill Night. I was quite doubtful during that time whether to accept or not. He tried to coax me for about a week. He said that the band wanted to perform one of the Zee Avi's song. I think and think and think. (Well, I was one of the crew for that dinner, remember.)

After I did some thinking, I agreed and on 14th, I started my jamming session with them. Without Rawiey's knowledge, I sneaked out every Friday and Saturday to jam with them. It's my first time to perform with a band and I'm not used to it. Often I went to karaoke center just to sing my lungs out. :D

Lemme introduce to you to the person who succeeded in persuading me to join the band. His name is Syah. He said that my appearance during the performance will be a surprise to all. Indeed. Well, of course I told my boyfie that I was performing with a band. Heeeee..

At first, we were practicing Kantoi and they were too focusing on the KTHO dinner performance. They said I hit the key correctly. I assumed that's a good start for me, as a newbies. A week after that, we practice Kantoi and Mi Kolok Sigek. Nevertheless, it was quite hard for Fakh to arrange both songs. 

A week before the event started, there were a change in songs and music arrangement. They wanted to combine Mi Kolok Sigek and A Thousand Years. 

Homaii..
A Thousand Years!
They knew I can't hit the high note.
But I tried my best.
And I did it (maybe) .

*

The performance went smoothly even though there were one part I got in wrongly. After the event, we performed another round of Kantoi. 
Thanks to them for inviting me to sing a song from my favourite artist, Zee Avi. 
A dream came true. 


L-R : Aten, Ariff, me, Al, Pjol, Fakh and Syah


It was fun!
Oh yea. I almost forgot. The band was called Inseneur.



Z : I'd been long to sing Zee Avi's song though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.