Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Forrest Gump

Do you know Bubba Gump? 
Have you been there?
Most of you were thinking dafuq is Bubba Gump.
Now.
Lemme tell you.
It's a shrimp based restaurant and it was named after a movie called Forrest Gump
and I'd been there before. 
You can read here for the full story.

*
source

Forrest Gump. Been out there since 1994. You can search the synopsis in IMDB.
Don't be such a lazy ass. Search and download it. I doubt it's sell in DVD (in Malaysia). :p

*
Anyway, I'm gonna tell you the story + some of my thoughts during watching the movie. 
XD

Forrest & Jenny sitting on the tree.
No k-i-s-s-i-n-g. -.-

The movie started when Forrest was a little kid. He was sick (something to do with his leg. Look at his leg in the photo above) and he was also had a low IQ. His mom loved him unconditionally and will do anything for him. When I said anything, I mean IT. If you know what I mean
No one want to be friend with him. I like the conversation between Forrest and the bus driver. He said that don't talk to strangers. This was the first memento where he met Jenny. His only girl. Aww. There were a lot of friendzone levels in this movie though
The best part of the movie which I can relate with the restaurant I ate past few months was 'Run Forrest, Run!' Hell yeah. He ran very, very, super fast. Usain Bolt will lost the race if he ran beside Forrest though.

Then, he went to high school and college where Tom Hanks was so young and handsome. In college, he played American football. His job was, when he get the ball, he must run for the touchdown. Actually, the touchdown were never happened because, well, he just ran. Until one day, the manager put a bunting stated 'Stop, Forrest!'. 
Another friendzone in some of the scenes here. 
Bla bla bla. 

He joined the army after he graduated. He met Bubba in the army. I wanna skipped the training part to the Vietnam War. Yup. Forrest and Bubba were sent to Vietnam. In Vietnam, something strange happened. This particular person, the person who acted Lt Dan Taylor. I'd seen him before.
In a jiff, a lightbulb clicked in the air. 
That was
wait-for-it

Forrest and Bubba meeting Lt. Dan Taylor.
Waiiitt. I know this person.
Dafuq. He's Det. Mac Taylor from CSI:NY. 
-.-' 
He look really young. Even though he put up the slang, I still recognised his voice.
Now I knew why Bubba Gump is all about shrimp-base foods. That was because, Bubba couldn't stop talking about shrimps in the movie. Even during the war, he still talked about shrimps. 
Doesn't matter, the shrimps taste good in real life too.

After the war had ended, he got shot at the butt and got a medal for serving in Vietnam War. Next thing you know, he played ping pong for the national team. After a while, he was discharged from the army. 

He wanted to make his promise to Bubba becoming a reality. He bought a shrimping boat for ALMOST 25K. Lt. Dan was with him too. Becoming his first mate.
He opened Bubba Gump. Yes. The restaurant. And Lt. Dan did mention he invest in a 'fruit' company. This was the funny part. When I heard fruit company, I thought of fruit. But then I realized it was Apple, Inc. LULZ.

Bla bla bla. 
He ran for no particular reason.
Met Jenny again and got married. No more friendzoned.
Took care of Forrest Gump Jr. 
The end.


*
One thing for sure, it seems like the whole America's history were in there.
Vietnam War, the death of Pres Kennedy, hipster, statue of liberty yada yada yada.

Seriously, dude. 

I cried at the end of the movie.
Why?
Because it touched my heart.




These are for those who haven't watch it. And for those who had watch it, do you agree with me? 




Z :  When I cried watching a movie, that means that movie is very very good. Jarang bha nangis sebab tengok movies or series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.