Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sixth Semester Review

My sixth semester is almost over. It had been a very hectic sem. Every subjects had its own needs and requirements to be fulfilled. I don't know how many times I broke down during this sem. Well, from my point of view,the stress that I felt when doing this academia work is quite different than handling a program/event. In this sem, I enrolled 6 subjects. From what I can tell, most of it were killer subjects. 

1. Fundamental of Image Processing
2. Multimedia Networking
3. Data Visualization
4. Information Technology Entrepreneur
5. Introduction to Industrial Counselling 
6. Final Year Project 1

I had 16 credit hours but the workloads were a lot. For Fundamental of Image Processing or IP for short, we had 2 Professors taught us which were Prof G and Prof Zul. Before the mid-sem break, Prof G were the one who taught us and after the break, Prof Zul taught us which was mostly on Matlab. Maybe. Well, my head was not in the class though. Anyway, this subject is the most controversy among all. Why? I tell you why? It was a long story. To cut thing short, one of the lecturer from the department blackmailed us to bar from sitting the exam. That was really a scary moment for all of us. 
And for the final paper, it consist of 4 questions and each question was 10 marks. I studied but I can't answered the questions. It was a bad day for me. Having a paper plus your first day of period was really not a good combo. tsktsktsk

Multimedia Networking. Aahh. I really don't like networking subject. I didn't learn much in the class. Pity the lecturer. He's also my supervisor for my FYP though. Gahhhhh. It's hard to digest this subject. All the packet tracer stuffs and the networking jargon. I can't keep up with all of that. Anyhoos, learning the java using Netbean was fun until I need to connect the client and server. And for my group project, we need to develop tic-tac-toe without its GUI and a video streaming app. 

Data Visualization. Only 16 students in the class and the lecturer was Dr Farhan. I dare say that, we all took the subject because of the lecturer. He's single and cute and the girls were wooing on him. LULZ. Anyway, the final paper was straight-forward but we all didn't know how to answer it. Please show some mercy when checking our answer sheets, Dr.
hihi

Information Technology Entrepreneur or famously known as ITE. The subject was interesting but the lecturer always kept us busy with all the assignments and group projects. This subject was the reason why I started my FYP second chapter later than the others. From the earlier of the sem, we were given a task on our business proposal. During the class session, we discussed on ERRC, canvas diagram, business model and blablabla. In the end of the semester, anyone who enrolled this subject were compulsory to compete in TechnoBiz Challenge
In Technobiz, I was appointed to become an emcee. My group didn't won but the lecturer, Cik Din, wanted us to apply the grant from KPT. -.-
The best part of this subject was, the final paper was an open book test. I knew some of the tips from Cik Din. So, I wrote down the answers in the spaces provided inside the book. The bad part was, we learnt in class in English, the slides were in English, the question paper was in English but the book was in Bahasa Melayu. Talk about becoming a Google Translate for 3 hours. Blerghhh...

Introduction to Industrial Counselling. Only one lecturer taught this subject in UTM, Dr Hamdan or should I say, Dr H for short. (I hope Dr H didn't read my blog) Dr H didn't taught us much. In every class, he didn't fail to promote Stevia to us. It was a stressful subject with the annoying slides and so on. Sometimes I wish I go up to the front and mute the computer. For my final project, we were given a task either to make a report or video on certain topic. Fortunately, we got the video task. We did the video at the very last minute and he said to us 'Not bad!'. That's good enough for me. 
And for the final paper, it consists of 3 questions and the marks allocate for each question was 20. Dem. 

Final Year Project 1 of FYP for short. The famous term in UTM would be PSM. Nothing much to talk about but my supervisor is awesome. Nuff said. Lulz. And yes. I'm still a third year student and already enrolled my first PSM. Read here on my viva. 


Z : I just can't wait for this semester to be over. 6th semester is too much for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.