Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Giving a Small Talk

Sabah BAHH!



With Izyan
This is the second part of my adventurous trip to Sabah. From Monday til Wednesday, we were supposed to give a motivational talk at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (Agama) Kota Kinabalu or SMAKK for short. Our targeted audiences were form 5 students.
It was Monday and a working day. Before off to SMAKK, we had our breakfast at Izyan's place and bid her goodbye. Thankyou for your hospitality. If you wanna come to Sibu, don't forget to call me. hehe

After that, we went to Centerpoint and did some shopping for the program. And as for me, I did a little bit of shopping too. Bought myself a hairclip, a slipper and cut my fringe. Damn that sale tag. That slipper was 60% off and it was so cute.

Our talk started on 9PM. From the warden's house, me, Imah and Shasha walked towards the assembly hall and saw a few students there. The first session was quite bored. I could see it in their eyes. For the whole program, I'd been a photographer. Took lotsa photos of them and a little of me. Nothing much happened on the first day. Just a talk given by Saleh, Haris and Shasha and an activity for the students.


Haris, saying his prayer to Allah.
the boys
the girls
discussing about what they wanted to be in the future

*******



Let's moved on the next day. Did nothing in the morning. Just slept all day long. In the evening, we did some recreational activities. At first, only a few were coming because they too had their own stuffs to be done. Then, a few minutes later, more were coming. We started the activities and most of the activities were based on balloons.


warmed up.

I really like this photo. Just the perfect timing.
Them.
Freestyle.

For the night session, it was my turn to give a talk. Quite nervous though. It was my first time giving a talk to a crowd. I was appointed to tell them about UTM. It was just like promoting UTM. I did my research and my almost-an-hour talk was a success (that includes the Q&A session).


Just me giving a talk.

After my slot, the students need to form a group of 6 or 7 for a few activities. The first activity was called Tinggi-Tinggi. In this activity, the students need to make a tall so-called building by using stuffs their owned. 










The winner was Group 6. The group leader was in a Peach shirt.

The second activity was Lu Pikir Lah Sendiri. In this game, each group need to build a building by using just newspapers. When Ednie dropped an egg on that building, the egg will not cracked and the group's building will be a success.











Ednie dropping the bomb...
And it's alright.

And again, the winning group was Group 6 even though all the groups were succeeded in not cracking the eggs. Group 6 won because of their unique architecture. :D

Before the night ended, one of the student asked me about the camera thing-y. And I answered him like a boss even though my knowledge about DSLR was little compare to the professional out there. While explaining him about the DSLR, one of the kiddo asked to take photo with me. I just said yeah and then, in within a second, 


boys over flower. haha

Then we had our supper at the food hall. The caterer served us cereal and fresh milk.
Yummy.




*******

On the last night, a closing ceremony was held. But before that, upon as requested by the students, we did another slot on activity. We thought and did some random activities and in the end, the students loved it.

After an hour of activity slot, we did the closing ceremony and finished at 10.30PM.


Shasha, Imah and me

It was a tiring days and need some rest for tomorrow adventures. XD

Thanks to the other fasi for making this program a success.
We were Saleh, Haris, Ednie, Pudin, Ima, Shasha and Me.

:D
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.