Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sarawak Slang: Kamek Sayang SARAWAK !

This was my first time watching Sayang Sarawak.
Well, by watching this make me miss home soo much.
For those who haven't been to Sarawak, this is the chance where you can explore my HOME just by a click on a mouse.
<click rah link sia k>

The main point I wanna watch this video was to see my perguruan in TV. I miss Cakar Imo very much. As I watched the video by skipping the politic parts, there it was, Mi Kolo terpampang kat menu. I miss Mi Kolo and Sibu people called it Mi Kampua. It is one of my favourite food though. I can't resist mi kampua.

OK, time to learn some of the words in the vid.

plentey
main-main
joking

tutok
tumbok
crushing

rah
dekat, kat, di
at

belon
kapal terbang
airplane, aeroplane

pakey
guna
use

bait
baik
good


* * *

Dabai, dabey is a black juicy fruit that taste salty bitter. Black on the outside and yellowish inside.
Even though it's not my favourite food but by looking at the sight of dabai, it makes me feel like I wanna go home and feel the lively scene in Sarawak. I remembered during my time in Labuan. Everytime I went to Labuan after the semester break, I always brought dabai for my udak who are staying in Labuan. They were so happy though because dabai is a very rare fruit. You can find dabai, only in Sibu guys!



Z : rindu ngan umah eyhh!

1 comment:

  1. kamek sayang sarawak.. aku cinta sarawak.. wo ai sarawak..saranghae sarawak..

    ReplyDelete

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.