Friday, September 16, 2011

Nenek & Malaysia

Today is 16th September and its 
Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday.
Before I started singing the whole Rebecca Black song, I better get straight to the point. 

On the 16th September, 48 years ago, Sabah and Sarawak had joined Peninsular Malaysia and became Malaysia regarding on a few agreements. Click here for more info about the 20 agreements in Sabah and 18 in Sarawak. If you were not Malaysian and very confuse why we celebrated National Day twice. That was because, on the 31st August, only Tanah Melayu and Singapore got their independence from the British monarchy. After a few years, Tanah Melayu, Sabah and Sarawak merge together and became MALAYSIA!

And that is why on 16th September, starting a few years ago, it's PUBLIC HOLIDAY!
Yay!

So, whoever born on 16th September, you guys will automatically have a holiday and thus, my advice,
THROW A PARTAAY !
Woohooo.
Too bad my birthday fell on weekday this year.

Anyhow, I knew one person who had her birthday today and she was 

Dayang Halimah

Yup. My grandmother a.k.a nenek. I love her so much.
She always knew my favourite foods and cooked for me every time I went back to Sibu (even though I don't asked for it).

nenek with her sister (Nek Udak) and my little sister, Aly.

She was one of the best, sought-after, famous caterer in Sibu.
Just asked for Haji Emon, sapa tak kenal kat Sibu
She was the best in making Singapore noodle, curry, acar timun and my fav, sup nanas.
and and and
so much more.

If her children had cooking problems, they will ALWAYS consult nenek. They (my mother and siblings) never consult PakCik Google.
Udak once told me that, while she was studying in USM, nenek sanggup carik duit just for the sake of Eid. She really love it if all her children balek kampong for Eid. 
That was why, Eid is very important to me. 


Nenek, I knew you will not gonna read my blog because kat kampong there is no line.
I just wanna wish that you will have a prosperous life ahead of you and longevity so that nenek can actually see me, your first grandchildren, saying 'I Do'. 


Teehee!

Love ya!
(its blurry because adeq forgot to focus)



Z : Saying 'I Do' part, gotta find my man first. Then, you can meet him. Which is, still a long way to go. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.