Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Silat and Violence ?

As I was hanging out with my Silat Cakar Harimau (PASCHA) peeps, one of them opened up a story about the latest Silat World Championship 2010 at Jakarta, Indonesia. He told about one of the match which was very interesting. It was Vietnam vs Indonesia.


Check out the vid. . .

Focus on 0:11

Quite a show isn't it? I'd never seen a real flying kick in silat before. I always saw the flying kick in either Kung Fu or Taekwando. This was my first time though watching it in silat. 

Here how it goes. . .
The fighters fought and the spectators watched. One felt down and the referee made the hand thingey. Before the right hand was lift up, the flying kick was sent to the emo guy and then all the commotion starts. Now, the table was turn. The spectators also being emo and join the club fight! The fighter just chillax at the corner and watched the spectators fought. The end.

That was not 100% true. The true story is here!

* * *
always missing my old days!

It was a real shame to see those guys fought just outside the ring. The coach should respect the judges decision. The commotion outside the ring will certainly gave a negative feedback about silat. If a person who know nothing about silat, he or she would think that silat is a violence martial art. Tett!
It is so WRONG! 
The fought started because of the individual himself. The silat itself doesn't support violence. Every martial arts in this world are supposed to be unique and the main function of it are to protect ourselves from danger. There was no need to be showing off that you are really great and mastered more than 1 martial arts.
Thus, if one learns any type of martial art, he or she should learn, live and love all aspects of the rules in martial arts.
Anyway, this was from my point of view and no offense to anyone k!?

showing my affection!


p/s: Silat doesn't need a license whereas, carrying a gun need one though. Thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. di mana pun diri berada...silat sentiasa berada di dalam hati...memang diri ini dilahirkan untuk menjadi seorang Pendekar n Srikandi Melayu...Hidop SIlat!!!.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mantopp la tak pun ayt..hoho..woit..folo me!

    ReplyDelete

A reader like you makes me a happy blogger. :)
Comment my entry and I'll get back to you.